Version 1 of the ICP connection data API is about to be turned off

• 26K Views
  • Last post 09 September 2020
Phil Bishop posted this 25 August 2020

The ICP connection API (v1) was originally slated to be turned off on 1 September 2020 - see the discussion here.

We are now proposing to turn it off by the close of play on 14 September 2020. If you haven't already done so, please migrate to v2 now.

Thanks

Phil

• Liked by
  • Josh Smith
Order by: Standard | Newest | Votes
Matthew Keir posted this 09 September 2020

Hi empsean,

There were multiple announcements as early as May that v1 would be turned off on 1 September. However, given the extension to 14 September, this change to the v1 URL was unintended. It occurred as a developer was making changes in the API platform getting ready to turn it off. Multiple users had figured this out and adjusted their scripts - so there was no right answer about whether to revert the change or keep it for the next week. We decided to stick with it. We apologise for any inconvenience and encourage you to migrate to v2 asap.

Cheers,

Matthew

empsean posted this 09 September 2020

Hi,

I think the old url is already turned off. If you look at the url now, it has a v1 in it.

Cheers,

Sree

Yer changing the URL is breaking change and should have not have happened before the 14th.

empsean posted this 08 September 2020

Was their an official announcment posted out on this? Was only aware after visiting this page.

Matthew Keir posted this 07 September 2020

Hi all,

Sreerag has helped us out, there was a change to the URL and you require a /v1/in it to use the legacy v1 API. https://emi.azure-api.net/ICPConnectionData/v1/single/?id={ICP}

Users should migrate to v2 by close of business next Monday, 14 September, when v1 will be turned off. There are only a couple of accounts still using it at the moment.

Cheers,

Matthew

sreerag posted this 07 September 2020

Hi,

I think the old url is already turned off. If you look at the url now, it has a v1 in it.

Cheers,

Sree

Matthew Keir posted this 07 September 2020

Hi mitchellm,

No v1 looks to still be working today. Three users getting successful calls. One user sending an unauthorized request. I'd encourage you to sign in to the API platform and use the 'try it' button to investigate your issue further. See below if you haven't found it already. It may be that the registry was just busy at the time you requested the information.

Cheers,

Matthew

mitchellm posted this 07 September 2020

Hello Phil

Do you know if the ICP connection API (v1) has been turned off early? Phil in the forum post said it was to be turned off on the 14th.  I’ve still got a few users on v1 and it doesn’t seem to be working today.

Matthew Keir posted this 03 September 2020

Hi nicekiwi,

Your comment above was adressed in the other post, where more details about the experience you were having were provided.

The v2 release includes a collection of improvements and changes from v1, and v1 is now scheduled to be turned off on 14 September.

Cheers,

Matthew

nicekiwi posted this 02 September 2020

Will the bugs in v2 be fixed before v1 is turned off?