We have made two new daily CSV files available for download. Both files contain data that is already published in the form of SPD case files, among other places on EMI. The CSV files simply make the data more accessible and easier for users to download and make use of.
Cleared offers can be found here, and load, generation and price can be downloaded from here. In both cases, the files can also be accessed directly from our FTP server.
Load, generation and price data are already available elsewhere – from the Grid generation trends, Grid demand trends, and Wholesale energy prices reports on EMI; and from the Final_prices folder on EMI datasets. This new file is useful in that it gathers together in one place the Load (MW), Generation (MW) and Price ($/MWh) for all points of connection and trading periods where either load or generation is not zero. For the avoidance of any doubt, this data is extracted directly from the final pricing SPD case files without any transformation. Hence, intermittent generation such as wind will appear as negative load.
The cleared offer data are also extracted directly from the final pricing SPD case files without any transformation. The fields in these files are:
- Date, i.e. trading date
- PointOfConnection, more preciselyPNode
- Trader, i.e. the 4-character trader code
- Type, i.e. offer type – ENOF = energy offers, ILRO = interruptible load reserve offers, PLRO = partially loaded spinning reserve offers, TWRO = tail water depressed reserve offers, and ENDL = dispatchable load
- ClearedEnergy (MW)
- ClearedFIR (MW), cleared fast instantaneous or 6-second reserves
- ClearedSIR (MW), cleared sustained instantaneous or 60-second reserves.
Finally, note that we use the term 'point of connection' rather loosely in the header of these new CSV files.